Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wellness

I found a nutritional consultant in my area that focuses on overall wellness and integrative nutrition.

It's an exciting concept that teaches students how to build healthy food into daily life. Integrative nutrition teaches all of the dietary theories out there, takes the best from each and helps each person sculpt their own nutritional plan.

Karyn Bender, the counselor in my area, offers help in setting up an eating plan, dealing with cravings and finding ways to work healthy eating into every day cooking.

She also focuses on primary foods -- how exercise and spiritual wellness can affect your overall health.

I have set up a meeting with Karyn next week. She offers a free consultation and I'm interested in finding out more about integrative nutrition. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've been mentioned on Mark's Daily Apple! Check it out.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/a-big-fat-blog-post/