- Eat often -- Otherwise your body will try to conserve energy as fat.
- Drink water -- It can boost metabolism and keep you from feeling lethargic.
- Eat a balanced meal -- It helps the body keep its metabolism going. Refined sugars, can slow the body's metabolism down.
- Build muscle -- It uses more calories.
- Exercise -- Ditto.
- Sleep -- Muscle is regenerated in the last few hours of sleep. Don't miss out on that!
- Don't stress -- Studies have shown that people who stress often have more weight in their stomach area.
- Drink green tea -- Five cups a day can boost your metabolism.
I thought it might be a good idea to review some of the basics of weight loss as we head into the weekend this Friday the 13th. Although, if someone can tell me how not to stress or how to drink five cups of green tea EVERY DAY, I'd love to hear it.
But we must also remember that part of staying healthy and fit is not beating ourselves up. While good choices are key to getting healthy and fit, accepting who we are and how we look is just as important.
So in the spirit of self confidence, check out this slide show of beautiful women who have learned to love parts of their body that aren't part of society's beauty ideal.